Dr. Rachel uses a variety of several different types of soft tissue work to help get the patient the best results including:
- PNF- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation is an advanced form of flexibility training that involves both stretching and contracting the muscles.
- PIR- Post-Isometric Relaxation also uses a stretching and contracting pattern to improve flexibility and decrease spasm.
- Active and Passive Myofascial Release where the muscle is contracted and stretched during contact.
- Gua Sha- is a tool used to break down scar tissue and enhance soft tissue mobility.
- Ischemic Compression- A form of trigger point therapy