1. Instead of putting tuna on crackers, put it on cucumber slices for a high protein low carb refreshing snack.
2. Always have fresh fruit and vegetables cut up in the front of you refrigerator. If it is the first thing you see, you will be more likely to eat i.
3. Nuts like almonds, pecans, and cashew have a good balance of protein and good fats. Eat them unsalted.
4. Put cinnamon on a raw sliced apple, it is almost like eating pie
5. Whenever my bananas start turning, I break it into smaller pieces and put it in the freezer. It goes great in a smoothies or protein shake.
6. Frozen berries are always found in my freezer. I blend them with a healthy yogurt and a little orange juice to make a delicious smoothie.
7. Try flavored teas with stevia as a sweetener. Stevia is a natural calorie-free sweetener. A little stevia goes a long way. Try this instead of hot chocolate to reduce calories, sugar, and fat while getting the benefits of tea.
8. String cheese is a low calorie snack that I like to cut up with grape tomatoes and sprinkle with balsamic vinegar and basil.
9. Instead of potato chips, look for low salt whole wheat pita chips or vegetable chips instead. Hummus is a delicious healthy dip, but (like everything else) observe the serving size.
10. Try having a cup of healthy soup. Instead of eating 500 calories of junk food, look for a healthy soup that will fill you up on these cold days.