The perfect active hamstring stretch
Great for runners, dancers, and other athletes especially with knee pain or tight hips. . Even great for people who sit at a desk all day.
Equipment needed: 2 towels or a small squishy ball to put between you knees and a balance mat to stand on
This exercise should not be done first thing in the morning and is best after you are warm
1) Put a towel or ball between your knees to active inner thighs for all 3 parts of the exercise.
2) Start with just your toes on the second towel or balance mat.
3) Reach up as high as you can and then reach down and touch your toes
4) Repeat motion 10 times
5) Move only your heels to the towel or balance mat with your toes on the ground
6) Reach up as high as you can and then reach down and touch your toes
7) Repeat motion 10 times
8) Remove the towel or balance mat from under your feet
9) Reach up as high as you can and then reach down and touch your toes
10) Repeat motion 10 times
***Only do this exercise after you have warmed up and if you have no back pain or have seen a doctor who recommended this exercise.