Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This was made by Jessica this month.
- Author: CopyKat Recipes
- Recipe Type: Copycat Restaurant Recieps, CopyKat Recipes, Soup Recipes
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 8
You can make Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi soup just like the Olive Garden does. Just a few ingredients and you can enjoy this famous soup at home.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth (if you enjoy a thicker soup, use 1 can)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken breast (you can use a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (16-ounce/500g) package ready-to-use gnocchi
Melt the butter into the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion becomes translucent. Whisk in the flour and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in the half-and-half. Simmer until thickened. Whisk in the chicken broth. Simmer until thickened again. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, the thyme, parsley, nutmeg (if using), carrots, spinach, chicken, and gnocchi. Simmer until the soup is heated through. Before serving, season with additional salt, if necessary.