Made this recipe Wednesday night for dinner. I got it from Cooking Light magazine.
Cider-Glazed Chicken with Browned Butter-Pecan Rice Cooking Light
Total: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 cutlet and about 1/2 cup rice)
- 1 (3.5-ounce) bag boil-in-bag brown rice (such as Uncle Ben’s)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets (about 4 cutlets)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup refrigerated apple cider
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. Cook rice according to package directions in a small saucepan, omitting salt and fat; drain.
2. While rice cooks, melt 1 teaspoon butter in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from pan. Add cider and mustard to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until syrupy. Add chicken to pan, turning to coat. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. Melt remaining 5 teaspoons butter in saucepan over medium-high heat; cook for 2 minutes or until browned and fragrant. Lower heat to medium; add pecans, and cook for 1 minute or until toasted, stirring frequently. Add rice and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss well to coat. Serve rice with chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Calories: 333
- Fat: 13g (sat 4.4g,mono 4.9g,poly 2.2g)
- Protein: 29.1g
- Carbohydrate: 24.2g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 601mg
- Calcium: 23mg