7 Tips for Post Race Soreness
Training well is a great way to avoid injury and limit soreness after a race.
If you are sore after your race, that can still be normal because the excitement from the race can make us push ourselves even harder. Here are a few tips for you.
- Hydrate after the race
- Eat something soon after your run
- Stretch on your own or utilize the health care professionals at the race to stretch you
- Ice any sore areas
- Take a warm epsom salt bath
- Go for a short and easy run the next day
- See a professional: get a massage, see a chiropractor for an adjustment and electrical stimulation, or try acupuncture